Saturday, December 27, 2008

December Daring Baker's Challenge was a CHALLENGE

This month's challenge is brought to us by the adventurous Hilda from Saffron and Blueberry and Marion from Il en Faut Peu Pour Etre Heureux.

They have chosen a French Yule Log by Flore from Florilege Gourmand

Although I had made creme brulee, ganache, and mousse on other occasions, this challenge for me did not turn out to well as you can see from the pic. I was hesitant to post it, but when I read other posts, a few others had the same problem although most other daring bakers' logs came out beautiful!

3 comments:

The Irreverent Cook said...

Hi! Bravo on attempting and posting the challenge! Absolutely no shame in a challenge turning out less than perfect =D Mine was a mess too =P

Hilda said...

Like I said on the forum, you totally get full credit for trying, that's what being a Daring Baker is all about. Thanks for giving it a shot, that's worth everything in itself.

Madam Chow said...

Don't worry - things go crazy even for the best bakers! I think it's great that you tried to make such a complicated dessert, especially during the holidays!