Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fall Wedding Cake


Did I mention I LOVE the fall? Here is a wedding cake I did last week. The venue was decorated with pumpkins and beautiful fall colored arrangements on the table. The windows were large and you could see the beautiful trees from them with their fall foliage.

The bride chose this design which is usually done with cherry blossoms. The *branches* were done with brown icing and the leaves I made with fondant. I added a thin, orangy brown, glittery ribbon around the bottom or each tier, piped a small bead border then added the leaves. The topper was handmade. The Star Wars figurines belong to her dad. They mounted them on a wooden heart, then the berries added in back of them.

This is one of my favorite cakes I've done.

Yep, I love the fall!

No comments: